HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » Classic Films (Group) » Milestone Moments: Peter...

Thu Nov 24, 2022, 11:30 AM

Milestone Moments: Peter Sellers - Dr. Strangelove

1 replies, 157 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Milestone Moments: Peter Sellers - Dr. Strangelove (Original post)
Montauk6 Nov 24 OP
SWBTATTReg Nov 24 #1

Response to Montauk6 (Original post)

Thu Nov 24, 2022, 12:50 PM

1. Loved this movie classic. Kind of a parody but does showcase that errors could lead to

serious consequences (failure of electronic communications to bring back all planes from their bomber missions). One of the first 'atomic war' movies).

I just hope that here we are, decades later, and we still haven't had any serious nuclear events/accidents/use of these destructive weapons yet.

Also hoping that we'll never have to worry about such an event, although, w/ putin and his idiot cronies, in threatening to use such weapons in their Ukraine spat, that cooler heads prevail.

Perhaps putin and his cohorts will be taken out prior to pushing any red buttons. Ukraine has shown itself to be pretty spot on in dealing w/ putin, and perhaps they have an inside source that is keeping them FYI'ed on putin's idiot behavior.

putin is one good example to take out via assassination (I don't advocate this normally, feel that 'talk' is far better) since putin has threatened repeatedly to use these weapons. Such people are highly toxic and dangerous.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread