Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search
13 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
ProfessorGAC - Come Together (Original Post) marble falls May 15 OP
Wow. He can really sing. blm May 15 #1
Thanks ProfessorGAC May 15 #2
They sound good. N/T S/V Loner May 15 #4
Thank You ProfessorGAC May 15 #6
Crazy. Eight Days a week was a song played by a student band, the Lyme, at talent show at my Jr High ... marble falls May 15 #8
Bravo! Really outstanding, Greg! highplainsdem May 15 #3
Holy cow! Great stuff! Thanks for sharing ... pretty damn neat. And boy, KPN May 15 #5
At This Point... ProfessorGAC May 15 #7
Nice creative take on that song! consider_this May 15 #9
Thanks ProfessorGAC May 15 #13
Great stuff! Beausoleil May 15 #10
try this on for size ... marble falls May 15 #11
LOL! I have one of their albums Beausoleil May 15 #12

ProfessorGAC

(65,593 posts)
2. Thanks
Wed May 15, 2024, 01:08 PM
May 15

I'm playing & singing all the parts.
Works out, because there can't be any creative differences!
Here's a link to the whole page. There are 5 tunes there.
https://m.soundcloud.com/user-134084288

ProfessorGAC

(65,593 posts)
6. Thank You
Wed May 15, 2024, 02:03 PM
May 15

I quit playing in bands years ago. I just plsy to play now. Once in a while I get a bug up my nose to record.
Just a hobby.
Here's some video of our 3 piece band at a Battle Of The Bands. Same guys, except I'm playing bass. In the 4 piece, I played keys & guitar.

?si=_32SW_ZzhE4A4q46
?si=8TZiTrINwi-yNJ25
?si=30Kk6NmP7Ilz5yOk

marble falls

(57,896 posts)
8. Crazy. Eight Days a week was a song played by a student band, the Lyme, at talent show at my Jr High ...
Wed May 15, 2024, 02:47 PM
May 15

... it blew my mind. It was the first time I'd ever seen kids my play, and they played amazingly well. It was a revelation: kids could play recognizable rock and roll.

KPN

(15,696 posts)
5. Holy cow! Great stuff! Thanks for sharing ... pretty damn neat. And boy,
Wed May 15, 2024, 01:51 PM
May 15

do I wish I could do that! Must be very rewarding.

ProfessorGAC

(65,593 posts)
7. At This Point...
Wed May 15, 2024, 02:05 PM
May 15

...it's just a hobby. But, I have fun playing everyday & record once in a while.
In post 6 above, there are some links to some of my other stuff if you're interested.

ProfessorGAC

(65,593 posts)
13. Thanks
Wed May 15, 2024, 04:11 PM
May 15

That whole SoundCloud page is covers of songs I always like, but wanted to do them my way.
Here's another that's radically different from the original.
https://m.soundcloud.com/user-134084288/sweet-jane

Kick in to the DU tip jar?

This week we're running a special pop-up mini fund drive. From Monday through Friday we're going ad-free for all registered members, and we're asking you to kick in to the DU tip jar to support the site and keep us financially healthy.

As a bonus, making a contribution will allow you to leave kudos for another DU member, and at the end of the week we'll recognize the DUers who you think make this community great.

Tell me more...

Latest Discussions»Culture Forums»Music Appreciation»ProfessorGAC - Come Toget...