HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » Music Appreciation (Group) » Donna Summer Love To Love...

Tue Feb 27, 2018, 11:03 PM

Donna Summer Love To Love You Baby original long version (Disco 70s)

4 replies, 708 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Donna Summer Love To Love You Baby original long version (Disco 70s) (Original post)
MustLoveBeagles Feb 2018 OP
LenaBaby61 Feb 2018 #1
MustLoveBeagles Feb 2018 #2
LenaBaby61 Feb 2018 #3
MustLoveBeagles Feb 2018 #4

Response to MustLoveBeagles (Original post)

Tue Feb 27, 2018, 11:18 PM

1. LOVE this song ....

I can remember when this record was banned from regular daily airplay. But then again, it was the mid- 1970's. But STILL I had to wait until Disco Saturday nights on our local radio stations here in the Los Angeles area to hear the FULL song.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LenaBaby61 (Reply #1)

Tue Feb 27, 2018, 11:32 PM

2. I didn't hear this unedited version until recently

I never realized the version I was used to had been edited down so much. I can see why radio stations would have been nervous about playing it. Donna Summer was a legend.

Reply to this post

Response to MustLoveBeagles (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 28, 2018, 05:36 AM

3. "I didn't hear this unedited version until recently."

Wow, you're 43 or so years late

Yeah, I was an incoming Freshman in Parochial school when this song came out. I can remember the Nuns telling the librarian to turn any cover of a Magazine around on our magazine rack in the library IF Donna Summer was on it Originally, Donna wasn't going to sing "Love to Love You," which she co-wrote if I remember correctly, but she was asked to by Giorgio Moroder I think. Her inspiration was a darkened studio, her lying on her back, and her thinking about her late night "interactions" with her then boyfriend

Anyway ....

If you're referring to Beagles in a positive way with your name, I know you've had to have seen all of the Beagle videos on Youtube. Beagles are SO smart and cute (Adorable), and I love their problem-solving skills (My sister-in-law and her hubby have had 2 of them).

My favorite Beagle video (Amongst MANY):

Reply to this post

Response to LenaBaby61 (Reply #3)

Wed Feb 28, 2018, 11:29 PM

4. I turn 46 this year so I missed hearing it then

When I was little I remember listening to an all disco radio station and dancing for hours. I love all kinds of music. It doesn't matter how old it is. Donna Summer was one of the ones that stood out for me. She had such a beautiful and powerful voice. I loved the outfits she wore too. I didn't know the back story on the song. Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

Yes my username is meant in a positive sense. Thank you for the link. I haven't seen all the beagle videos yet but I'm working on it. I love all dogs, but hounds have a special place in my heart. We have two elderly beagles that still keep us on our toes. Our third passed away over a year ago a day before her 11th birthday.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread