HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » TV Chat (Group) » 'Big Little Lies' makes m...

Fri Mar 31, 2017, 12:54 PM

'Big Little Lies' makes most of star-studded cast

The traditional 'whodunit' turned on its head!

Source: CNN, by Brian Lowry

Having seen the finale, "Big Little Lies" pays off its various threads splendidly, joining two previous HBO miniseries -- "The Night Of" and the first season of "True Detective" -- as a tight, self-contained narrative.

If networks are truly committed to this format, they would be doing themselves a service by not trying to transform every one that works into a franchise. Starting over from scratch is always riskier, but nobody needs a "Bigger Littler Lies."

"Big Little Lies" isn't the first series devoted to secrets in an outwardly idyllic small town, and it surely won't be the last. Yet far from feeling too big or little, this seven-episode run, on most every level, turned out to have been just right.

*WARNING* Spoilers at link: http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/31/entertainment/big-little-lies-finale/index.html

2 replies, 4503 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Big Little Lies' makes most of star-studded cast (Original post)
yallerdawg Mar 2017 OP
beveeheart Mar 2017 #1
PoiBoy Mar 2017 #2

Response to yallerdawg (Original post)

Fri Mar 31, 2017, 01:35 PM

1. "Outwardly idyllic small town" that I remember

from long ago - Peyton Place.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to yallerdawg (Original post)

Fri Mar 31, 2017, 03:33 PM

2. I like that it's a one and done...

...with no season 2 on the horizon...

If you're following the show and are not a book reader (hello Game of Thrones..!!!), here's a fun link to contemplate the whodunit...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/samstryker/big-little-lies-theories?utm_term=.jy8xYnYyBN#.lfkK2G2rJE

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread