HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » California (Group) » 'I do not want any type o...

Sat Nov 26, 2016, 07:55 AM

'I do not want any type of Muslims': Orange County GOP official condemned for anti-Muslim comments

Mary Young, an Orange County GOP official and volunteer to Donald Trump’s campaign, broadly attacked Muslims in a Facebook post Monday, among other things writing in all capital letters, “I DO NOT WANT ANY TYPE OF MUSLIMS IN OUR COUNTRY, PERIOD!”

The comments were promptly condemned by county Republican Party Chairman Fred Whitaker, who said they did not reflect the position of the local or national party -- or the position of Trump.

“Mary’s comments are totally unacceptable,” Whitaker said.

Young was elected by area Republicans to serve on the county GOP’s governing Central Committee. She cannot be removed from office by party officials, but Whitaker said the party’s executive committee would meet to determine the “appropriate response.”

Read more: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/trump-736179-comments-young.html

2 replies, 1302 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'I do not want any type of Muslims': Orange County GOP official condemned for anti-Muslim comments (Original post)
TexasTowelie Nov 2016 OP
CurtEastPoint Nov 2016 #1
KamaAina Nov 2016 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sat Nov 26, 2016, 10:01 AM

1. Hateful woman.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sat Nov 26, 2016, 02:23 PM

2. You'd never know it now, but Muslim Americans used to vote repuke up until Nineleven(TM)

largely thanks to the work of Grover Norquist, whose wife is Muslim. After Nineleven(TM), not only did the constant barrage of bilge like this turn Muslims away from the repukes, Norquist himself is now considered a traitor in reich-wing circles.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread