HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » California (Group) » LA police comm finds acti...

Wed Jun 10, 2020, 06:17 PM

LA police comm finds actions of officer who killed Kenneth French at Corona Costco violated policy

KTLA
The Los Angeles police commission found the actions of the officer who killed an unarmed man with a mental illness at a Costco in Corona in June 2019 violated LAPD policy.

The panel announced the unanimous decision Wednesday in the case of Kenneth French, who was killed by off-duty officer Salvador Sanchez. Sanchez also shot and injured the 32-year-old manís parents.

A grand jury declined to bring charges against him in September 2019.

The Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners did not disclose what disciplinary action Sanchez will face.

2 replies, 590 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply LA police comm finds actions of officer who killed Kenneth French at Corona Costco violated policy (Original post)
quaint Jun 10 OP
CaliforniaPeggy Jun 10 #1
kimbutgar Jun 10 #2

Response to quaint (Original post)

Wed Jun 10, 2020, 06:46 PM

1. That's a good first step. Now what? n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to quaint (Original post)

Wed Jun 10, 2020, 07:12 PM

2. This story really upset me

I have an Adult autistic son who Has melted down in public and has gone into peopleís faces and says silly things. I read him this story and showed him pictures of the dead man. Now when I am in public either myself or his Dad is right by his side. Luckily most son is only 5í8 with a slender frame. If he was a big guy he would have been in danger during some episodes heís had.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread