HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » California (Group) » Jerry Brown signs bills t...

Sun Sep 28, 2014, 09:35 AM

Jerry Brown signs bills to help veterans, create OC cemetery

Gov. Jerry Brown on Saturday signed 21 bills to help and recognize military veterans, including a measure to help create the first veterans' cemetery in Orange County.

Other bills signed protect veterans' rights to healthcare, education and shelter.

The cemetery bill by Assemblywoman Sharon Quirk-Silva (D-Fullerton) requires the California Department of Veterans Affairs to work with local governments to design, develop, construct and equip a veterans' cemetery in the former Marine Corps Station El Toro in Irvine. The state agency will apply for a grant from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to pay for the creation of the cemetery.

“Local veterans, many of whom risked their lives on foreign soil, deserve an honorable place that will provide their families and communities a true and lasting opportunity to pay their respects,” Quirk-Silva said in a statement in support of AB 1453.

more

2 replies, 1025 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jerry Brown signs bills to help veterans, create OC cemetery (Original post)
antiquie Sep 2014 OP
NYC_SKP Sep 2014 #1
antiquie Sep 2014 #2

Response to antiquie (Original post)

Sun Sep 28, 2014, 09:38 AM

1. A great governor, twice, I voted for Brown for President back in the day.

I'd vote for him again.

K/R

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NYC_SKP (Reply #1)

Sun Sep 28, 2014, 09:40 AM

2. I still have my Mother Teresa/Jerry Brown pin.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread