HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Connecticut (Group) » Today's 420 -- Clergy to ...

Mon May 13, 2019, 04:20 AM

Today's 420 -- Clergy to Legislators: 'Just Say No'

HARTFORD, CT Clergy from across Connecticut came to Hartford on Friday to make a passionate pitch to legislators to resist backing the legalization of recreational marijuana.

While bills calling for legalization have made it through various committees, none have been called for a vote or even a debate on the House or Senate floor. And the clock is ticking toward the end of the legislative session at midnight, June 5.

The group of clergy on Friday urged legislators to resist the temptation or promised dollars that legalization would bring to the cash-starved state, stating that the cost of legalization would far outweigh the benefit.

One of those legislators was Rep. Vincent Candelora, R-North Branford, who was in attendance at the press conference and has been a consistent voice against legalization.

Read more: https://www.ctnewsjunkie.com/archives/entry/20190510_clergy_to_legislators_just_say_no/

Considering that I'm posting this thread at 4:20 a.m., I think that a reasonable conclusion is that I prefer to 'Just Say No' to the clergy instead.

2 replies, 626 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Today's 420 -- Clergy to Legislators: 'Just Say No' (Original post)
TexasTowelie May 2019 OP
Mopar151 May 2019 #1
docgee May 2019 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon May 13, 2019, 05:17 AM

1. Legalization is a great exposed of hypocrites

At least in New England. Parades of old cops and hand wringers from the 12 step industry, join in with the lower elements of the Booze Biz

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon May 13, 2019, 09:32 AM

2. I wonder why clergy are against weed...

I think people who indulge have a less fixed thought process, which dedicated fundimentalism requires.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread