HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Connecticut (Group) » Gov. Malloy Blasts NRA Le...

Mon Feb 26, 2018, 07:34 PM

Gov. Malloy Blasts NRA Leader Wayne LaPierre

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy blasted the National Rifle Association leader, Wayne LaPierre, following his remarks about the recent Florida high school shootings.

LaPierre, who has become the face of the NRA, sharply criticized liberal Democrats and others Thursday in a fiery speech to a group of conservatives in suburban Maryland.

Malloy added, “Don’t be surprised that the first thing that comes out of the NRA is a reopening of the same book they used at Sandy Hook, San Bernardino, Orlando, and other instances. The same book that they used in Aurora. The same book they used in Columbine. The NRA will deflect any time they can.’’

Malloy concluded, “Wayne LaPierre, quite frankly, doesn’t care how many people die, as long as guns get sold.’’

Read more: http://www.courant.com/politics/capitol-watch/hc-pol-gov-malloy-blasts-nra-leader-20180222-story.html

2 replies, 1182 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Gov. Malloy Blasts NRA Leader Wayne LaPierre (Original post)
TexasTowelie Feb 2018 OP
BigmanPigman Feb 2018 #1
George II Mar 2018 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Feb 26, 2018, 10:58 PM

1. He was a guest on MSNBC today.

I think he said he is going to retire after his term...too bad the good ones go when we need more of them.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BigmanPigman (Reply #1)

Sat Mar 10, 2018, 02:54 PM

2. Yes, this is his last term. He's not very popular, but mostly because he actually did...

...what he said he was going to do when he campaigned. I think he's been a great governor, under fire almost from day one.

If he ran again he'd lose.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread