HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » District of Columbia (Group) » In Sync: Local Teams Show...

Tue May 28, 2019, 10:59 AM

In Sync: Local Teams Show Up Big For National High School Crew Championship

Hat tip, DCist:

WAMU | 6 HRS AGO

In Sync: Local Teams Show Up Big For National High School Crew Championship
Dominique Maria Bonessi

The Wilson High School Crew varsity boys 8-boat team took home first place the SRAA national high school crew championship in Ohio. Second and third place also went to local high schools.

Chris Rickard / Wilson High School Crew Team

This story was updated Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 10:00 A.M.

It was a strong showing for Washington-area high school crew teams at the 2019 national competition.

Local teams competed this weekend in Ohio for the Scholastic Rowing Association of America national regatta. In the varsity boys 8-boat category, D.C.s Wilson High School took first place, Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School took second and Gonzaga College High School took third place.

Rory Hagerty, the Wilson teams co-captain, explains how these high schools managed to close out the top spots.

The DMV has always been a really competitive area for high school rowing, Hagerty said. I think just the culture of it has really attracted good coaches to wanting to come back to these programs.

There was this reply:

Scott 3 hours ago

Great story! Here is a link (qued up) to see the Grand Final race via the official regatta feed:
?t=10577

1 replies, 550 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply In Sync: Local Teams Show Up Big For National High School Crew Championship (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves May 2019 OP
elleng May 2019 #1

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Tue May 28, 2019, 11:10 AM

1. Good news!

My neighbors (in southern MD) have triplets, just graduated from college, and USED to crew @ Wilson. One of the kid's summer jobs was teaching Crew too. NOW they're looking for REAL jobs, I think.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread