HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Florida (Group) » Exiled to Mar-a-Lago, Tru...

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 05:58 AM

Exiled to Mar-a-Lago, Trump and his grievances drive Florida Legislature's agenda

As they start their two-month session, Republicans in the Florida Legislature are seeking to address some of Donald Trumpís biggest grievances, showcasing that the former presidentís political clout remains immense in his home state.

Trumpís favorite targets ó Big Tech, China, Antifa and election fraud ó are also at the top of the agenda for the GOP-controlled Legislature and Gov. Ron DeSantis.

State lawmakers will consider bills imposing new regulations on social media companies, cracking down on rioting, targeting Chinese espionage and responding to Trumpís myth that voting shenanigans cost him the election.

Trump has inspired a new generation of Republican politicians who are looking to make their mark and boost their status with conservative voters, said state Rep. Evan Jenne, co-leader of House Democrats.

Read more: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-trump-legislative-session-20210302-mqhaqdyqh5emfox3ogvtb4kx44-story.html
(South Florida Sun-Sentinel)

4 replies, 962 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Exiled to Mar-a-Lago, Trump and his grievances drive Florida Legislature's agenda (Original post)
TexasTowelie Mar 2021 OP
secondwind Mar 2021 #1
riversedge Mar 2021 #2
abqtommy Mar 2021 #3
Dreampuff Mar 2021 #4

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 06:03 AM

1. FL is his home state.....

Donít make me laugh... 😂😂😂😂

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 06:44 AM

2. um.. nothing about the pandemic, nor about climate change as Florida sinks. just

bowing to trump.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 07:42 AM

3. I guess when the op mentions "conservative voters" it really means the far-right nazi

fascists that think it's their right to be treasonous traitorous insurrectionists that are
literally poisoning the village well. Conservative they ain't!

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 8, 2021, 11:57 AM

4. I cringe every time

It's mentioned that Florida is his home state. Isn't there an island somewhere in the middle of no-man's-land that he could buy and be his own little ruler?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread