HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Florida (Group) » Lutz man accused of killi...

Thu Nov 25, 2021, 08:13 AM

Lutz man accused of killing and dismembering woman, dumping body into Tampa Bay

Robert Kessler, 69, faces both a charge of second-degree murder and abuse of a dead human body.

TAMPA — A Lutz man already in custody on drug charges now faces a murder charge in the killing of a woman whose dismembered body was dumped in Tampa’s McKay Bay.

Robert Kessler, 69, was arrested on drug charges this week while police were investigating him in connection with the killing. He will now face additional charges of second-degree murder and abuse of a dead human body, Interim Police Chief Ruben Delgado said at a press conference Wednesday night.

The woman killed had been identified as Stephanie Crone-Overholts, 47, of Erie, Pa. Her age was not released by police.

Body parts were first spotted in McKay Bay on Nov. 11 by fishermen near the 22nd Street Causeway Bridge, police said. More body parts including a human leg with a tattoo were discovered the following day in McKay Bay, at the northeastern edge of Tampa Bay.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/tampa/2021/11/24/lutz-man-arrested-for-murdering-woman-dumping-body-parts-into-bay-police-say/

This was a particularly heinous crime, even for Florida. I'm glad they've got the suspect in custody.

2 replies, 493 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Lutz man accused of killing and dismembering woman, dumping body into Tampa Bay (Original post)
Zorro Thursday OP
bucolic_frolic Thursday #1
HAB911 Sunday #2

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Thu Nov 25, 2021, 09:06 AM

1. You know, you read cases like this, and you don't want to even believe it, but you can't unsee it

I mean, yuck. Just plain

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Sun Nov 28, 2021, 09:23 AM

2. LOL

Beautiful Downtown Lutz

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread