HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Georgia (Group) » Amazon lobbyist registers...

Mon Dec 18, 2017, 10:09 AM

Amazon lobbyist registers in Georgia, triggering buzz amid 'HQ2' search

Amazon, the e-commerce giant that Georgia is wooing for its second headquarters project, now has a registered in-house lobbyist at the State Capitol.

Jacob Oster, a lobbyist with expertise in “clean energy and technology,” registered Dec. 7 with the state ethics commission. Oster, who represents Amazon Corporate LLC, listed addresses in Washington, D.C., and Seattle.

It’s unclear on what issues or upcoming legislative proposals Oster might represent Amazon, but his registration is the buzz of economic development circles.

Amazon is a growing employer in Georgia, operating distribution hubs for its e-commerce network, as well as a corporate hub for its Amazon Web Services division.

Read more: https://www.myajc.com/business/economy/amazon-lobbyist-registers-georgia-triggering-buzz-amid-hq2-search/AAMpJ8udbssA2igIjSQCCO/

2 replies, 729 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Amazon lobbyist registers in Georgia, triggering buzz amid 'HQ2' search (Original post)
TexasTowelie Dec 2017 OP
greymattermom Dec 2017 #1
Sedona Dec 2017 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Dec 18, 2017, 10:12 AM

1. We need to do some infrastructure work on the airport power grid

right now. Before yesterday.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to greymattermom (Reply #1)

Mon Dec 18, 2017, 10:23 AM

2. Ya think?

Yesterday might have put us out of the running.

I had high hopes for the real estate market (my biz) now not so much.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread