HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Georgia (Group) » Sen. Johnny Isakson conta...

Sat Dec 29, 2018, 06:18 AM

Sen. Johnny Isakson contacted FBI on behalf of MiMedx CEO

U.S. Sen. Johnny Isakson contacted the FBI last year on behalf of a politically connected Atlanta area CEO engaged in a battle with a short-seller who had criticized the CEO and his Cobb County company, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

A spokeswoman for Isakson confirmed to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Georgia’s senior senator called the bureau in October 2017 about a complaint filed by then-MiMedx CEO Parker “Pete” Petit against Marc Cohodes, a California-based investor who had alleged misconduct and financial mismanagement by Petit’s company.

Petit had alleged Cohodes sent threatening tweets. In December of last year, a pair of FBI agents arrived at Cohodes’ home and warned him to stop.

Cohodes alleged Petit used his political connections to silence a critic. He denied threatening Petit and said that the tweets were taken out of context. Petit has been a campaign donor to Isakson and other Republicans in addition to being the 2016 campaign finance chairman in Georgia for President Donald Trump.

Read more: https://politics.myajc.com/business/isakson-contacted-fbi-behalf-mimedx-ceo/4Hohq4lYI5Y3CvX2HHYx6I/

3 replies, 2030 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sen. Johnny Isakson contacted FBI on behalf of MiMedx CEO (Original post)
TexasTowelie Dec 2018 OP
gademocrat7 Dec 2018 #1
marble falls Dec 2018 #2
Phentex Dec 2018 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sat Dec 29, 2018, 08:07 AM

1. Rethugs have to keep the donors happy.

Isakson needs to retire.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Dec 29, 2018, 08:09 AM

2. Sounds like a pissing contest between two vampire capitalists. I hope they both ...

get soaked and flushed. And pull Sen Johnny Isakson in with them.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 29, 2018, 11:39 AM

3. I knew Pete in the professional world from a long time ago...

this does not surprise me.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread