HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Idaho (Group) » Governor taps Idaho Natio...

Sun Jul 11, 2021, 05:17 AM

Governor taps Idaho National Guard for firefighting

BOISE — Idaho Gov. Brad Little on Friday mobilized the Idaho National Guard to help fight wildfires amid an ongoing drought and extreme heat.

The Republican governor issued an emergency declaration allowing soldiers to help fight fires on the 9,700 square miles in mostly northern Idaho where the state provides fire protection.

“Wildfire is presenting an imminent threat to life, property, and the environment, and we need all hands on deck,” Little said in a statement. “I appreciate our firefighters and fire managers for working so hard under such challenging conditions, and I am grateful that our guardsmen are able to step in once again to support Idaho communities.”

It’s the first time the Idaho Department of Lands has requested the governor issue such an emergency declaration.

Read more: https://dnews.com/local/governor-taps-idaho-national-guard-for-firefighting/article_f43abd55-57bd-5841-b408-ddf98d954ba0.html
(Moscow-Pullman Daily News)

2 replies, 830 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Governor taps Idaho National Guard for firefighting (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jul 2021 OP
Walleye Jul 2021 #1
hermetic Jul 2021 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Jul 11, 2021, 05:29 AM

1. Good thing he hadn't already sent them to the Texas/Mexican border

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Walleye (Reply #1)

Sun Jul 11, 2021, 11:32 AM

2. No, he sent state police

to the border. Five of them.

It's South Dakota that sent the National Guard, or were planning to. Not sure what happened with that.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread