HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Kansas (Group) » This is encouraging--re A...

Mon Apr 6, 2020, 12:16 AM

This is encouraging--re AOC and Sharice Davids

"The piece frames this as AOC vs. Bernie Sanders, which is unfortunate, and it begins with an anecdote from the wrong campaign in 2018. The real mistake AOC made was opposing Sharice Davidsís campaign in Kansas. She and Sanders lined up behind Brent Welder, a former Sanders staffer, against a gay Native American woman running on a shoestring. One of AOCís major political talents is that she learns from mistakes and never makes the same one again."

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a31980770/aoc-break-with-bernie-sanders-democrats-progressives/

3 replies, 1009 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply This is encouraging--re AOC and Sharice Davids (Original post)
Lulu KC Apr 2020 OP
The Magistrate Apr 2020 #1
Lulu KC Apr 2020 #2
The Magistrate Apr 2020 #3

Response to Lulu KC (Original post)

Mon Apr 6, 2020, 12:42 AM

1. Mr. Pierce Nails It, Ma'am

Rep. Ocasio-Cortez is a most impressive figure, who has made the sort of mistakes rookies often do, and learned to do better.

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to The Magistrate (Reply #1)

Mon Apr 6, 2020, 10:34 AM

2. I wonder how long it will take me to stop being mad about it

I know that it forever doomed Bernie in my eyes, who really should have known better. I'd rather not continue to hold a grudge against AOC. We'll see.

Reply to this post

Response to Lulu KC (Reply #2)

Mon Apr 6, 2020, 10:54 AM

3. The Churlish Way 'Bernie' Behaved In 2016 Finished Him Absolutely For Me, Ma'am

As Ms. Davids won her election, and Ms. Ocasio-Cortez does seem to have learned from her error, my suggestion would be forgiveness.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread