HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Minnesota (Group) » Minnesota veterans distur...

Mon Sep 14, 2020, 12:28 AM

Minnesota veterans disturbed by reports of Trump denigrating military -- if they believe them

National guardsman Pat "Morris said he was disgusted when he read the story in the Atlantic on Sept. 3 quoting four anonymous sources speaking about President Donald Trump denigrating veterans and members of the military. They said Trump had referred to American war dead as “suckers” and “losers.”

What hit Morris hardest was hearing that Trump, while at Arlington National Cemetery, had wondered why war dead chose to serve in the first place: “What was in it for them?”

“He’s the commander in chief of this country, the highest point you can get,” Morris said. “Yet he can’t comprehend what has motivated someone to serve.” . . .
The reaction of nine-year Marine Corps veteran Tyler Kistner, a Republican running against Rep. Angie Craig for Minnesota’s Second Congressional District seat, was the complete opposite of Morris’. . . .

Kistner has been talking with fellow veterans, he said, and what he is hearing is that this report won’t affect Trump’s standing among veterans. What it will do, Kistner said, is further undermine trust in the media."

https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-veterans-split-over-trump/572396252/?refresh=true

I have actually expected the revelations to have little impact given how easily Trump supporters dismiss news they dislike.

4 replies, 855 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Minnesota veterans disturbed by reports of Trump denigrating military -- if they believe them (Original post)
BainsBane Sep 14 OP
RainCaster Sep 14 #1
BainsBane Sep 14 #2
a kennedy Sep 17 #3
BainsBane Sep 17 #4

Response to BainsBane (Original post)

Mon Sep 14, 2020, 12:32 AM

1. Republicans worship DFT, until they leave office

Then they grow a spine.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RainCaster (Reply #1)

Mon Sep 14, 2020, 12:34 AM

2. True for those in congress

The rank-and-file worship him regardless.

Reply to this post

Response to BainsBane (Original post)

Thu Sep 17, 2020, 07:13 PM

3. Doesn't bother my damn neighbor. Never really knew how racist and a damn tRump

supporter he was. I’m just sick about it too. Damn. He’s a veteran.

Reply to this post

Response to a kennedy (Reply #3)

Thu Sep 17, 2020, 07:56 PM

4. awful

I can see why you feel sick about it.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread