HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Missouri (Group) » Gov. Parson Again Rejects...

Wed Aug 28, 2019, 07:52 PM

Gov. Parson Again Rejects Call For Special Session On Gun Violence

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson reiterated Wednesday there will be no special legislative session on gun violence.

Parson called a special session to resolve a car sales tax issue to run concurrently with the stateís annual veto session. Itís set to begin on Sept. 9 and will cost taxpayers an estimated $16,000.

The Missouri Legislative Black Caucus asked the governor to address gun violence in Missouri, specifically in St. Louis and Kansas City. But Parson rejected the idea Tuesday and again Wednesday when he was asked about it at a press conference on government restructuring.

He said he is not convinced any change would happen even if he did add it to the schedule.

https://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/gov-parson-again-rejects-call-special-session-gun-violence

3 replies, 684 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Gov. Parson Again Rejects Call For Special Session On Gun Violence (Original post)
Sherman A1 Aug 2019 OP
Kurt V. Aug 2019 #1
Sherman A1 Aug 2019 #2
Kurt V. Aug 2019 #3

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Wed Aug 28, 2019, 08:12 PM

1. i generally don't like stereotypes. but yeah. he's one of those minority rule mf's.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Kurt V. (Reply #1)

Thu Aug 29, 2019, 03:29 AM

2. I agreee

but the GOP has managed to get themselves majorities in both the Missouri House and Senate through their efforts.

Reply to this post

Response to Sherman A1 (Reply #2)

Thu Aug 29, 2019, 04:59 AM

3. yep. but not bc their policies are popular with the majority of missourians.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread