HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Missouri (Group) » 'Cannabis capital of Miss...

Sun Sep 27, 2020, 05:48 AM

'Cannabis capital of Missouri'? This town expects to thrive from medical marijuana

CARROLLTON, Mo. -- An armed guard and a fence trimmed with barbed wire are the only signs of what lies within the plain metal building behind the police department.

Driving around, you’re more likely to notice the quaint town square or the 36-acre community park than this windowless, beige building set within a quiet industrial park.

But this facility, marked with not a single sign outside, is at the forefront of the state’s newest industry. And folks all around Carrollton, home to about 3,600 people, are banking on a big economic boost from an unlikely source.

Inside this building, workers carefully tend to a green sea of pot plants under a canopy of blinding lights. The smell is unmistakable.

Read more: https://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article245908700.html

1 replies, 470 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Cannabis capital of Missouri'? This town expects to thrive from medical marijuana (Original post)
TexasTowelie Sep 2020 OP
brewens Sep 2020 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Sep 27, 2020, 06:02 AM

1. Nice dudes. I'm about to do a little "thriving" myself. Then outside to walk for about an

hour. Nice way to start a Sunday.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread