HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Missouri (Group) » 'It keeps getting worse.'...

Tue Nov 17, 2020, 03:50 AM

'It keeps getting worse.' Missouri Democrats don't have a clear path forward

WASHINGTON -- Missouri Democrats entered the Donald Trump era occupying the governor’s office and a U.S. Senate seat.

They will exit holding neither, and without a clear path back to relevance in statewide elections.

The party suffered devastating defeats in 2016, 2018 and 2020. And there’s little expectation among state Democratic leaders that the situation will improve by 2022, when Republican Sen. Roy Blunt is up for re-election. The party holding the White House—as Democrats will with President-elect Joe Biden—traditionally loses ground in mid-term contests.

It could take a decade for Missouri Democrats to rebuild the state party’s infrastructure.

Read more: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article247143979.html

4 replies, 1002 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'It keeps getting worse.' Missouri Democrats don't have a clear path forward (Original post)
TexasTowelie Nov 17 OP
Sherman A1 Nov 17 #1
The Genealogist Nov 17 #2
Walleye Nov 17 #3
Name removed Nov 17 #4

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Nov 17, 2020, 05:28 AM

1. Yup,

Things are not looking too positive here in the Show Me State.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Nov 17, 2020, 06:19 AM

2. Missouri is a conservative state. Always has been.

Just as Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and other formerly solidly Democratic states have shifted away from the evolving Democratic party, so has Missouri. When I first started voting, Missouri was considered a swing state. Hard to believe it now.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 17, 2020, 07:10 AM

3. The "show me state" has become the "screw me state"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread