HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Montana (Group) » Montana Legislature will ...

Mon Dec 21, 2020, 06:59 AM

Montana Legislature will meet in person, defying pleas to meet remotely

Republican members of the Montana Legislature voted Wednesday to hold the upcoming session in person, with the option to participate remotely.

The vote came after pleas from many in the Helena community to follow public health guidance discouraging large, in-person gatherings and meet entirely virtually.

The amendment to the rules that govern how the Legislature will function came from state Sen. Jason Ellsworth, a Republican from Hamilton. Lawmakers are sworn in Jan. 4 and the session lasts up to 90 days.

The vote came from the Joint House and Senate Rules Committee and fell on party lines, with 21 Republicans for the proposal and 13 Democrats against it.

Read more: https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/coronavirus/montana-legislature-will-meet-in-person-defying-pleas-to-meet-remotely/article_5181f558-1cfb-54c0-9e90-7d03bad69fbc.html

2 replies, 692 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Montana Legislature will meet in person, defying pleas to meet remotely (Original post)
TexasTowelie Dec 2020 OP
MontanaMama Dec 2020 #1
Delmette2.0 Dec 2020 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Dec 21, 2020, 12:42 PM

1. WTH happened to my state?

We were doing so well for the last two terms of Steve Bullock and then BAM...right back to the dark ages.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Dec 22, 2020, 11:47 AM

2. I read an Op-ed in today's Helena IR, 12/22/2020

They can do what they want inside the capital building, but they have to abide by the city, county and state rules when they walk out that door.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread