HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Montana (Group) » Rainbow Rally planned at ...

Mon Mar 15, 2021, 01:41 PM

Rainbow Rally planned at Capitol Monday to protest bills

The Free and Fair Coalition will host a Rainbow Rally at noon Monday in response to what they said are anti-LGBT+ bills moving through the Montana Legislature this session.

The bills are seen as attacks on the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people. Organizers said lawmakers have several bills waiting for final committee votes.

The rally will be held outside, and masks and social distancing are required. Organizers say people who canít participate in person can support LGBT+ Montanans by contacting their legislators and saying no to Senate Bill 215. They can send an email at http://leg.mt.gov/web-messaging/ or call the Capitol at 406-444-4800.

Participants are encouraged to bring signs with positive messages for LGBT+ Montanans and wear rainbow gear to show solidarity with the LGBT+ community.

Read more: https://helenair.com/news/local/rainbow-rally-planned-at-capitol-monday-to-protest-bills/article_cf01a6ef-5c7b-5b67-b18f-70b3e3f4f719.html
(Helena Independent Record)

2 replies, 861 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rainbow Rally planned at Capitol Monday to protest bills (Original post)
TexasTowelie Mar 15 OP
MontanaMama Mar 15 #1
abqtommy Mar 15 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Mar 15, 2021, 01:55 PM

1. I'm glad for the rally.

Montana political is breaking my heart these days. Gianforte is a religious nutjob.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Mar 15, 2021, 03:13 PM

2. We're all in this together. We refuse to support the rights of others at the peril of

losing our own.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread