HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Oregon (Group) » Oregon abolishes its hope...

Sat Mar 7, 2015, 09:38 PM

Oregon abolishes its hopelessly bungled health insurance exchange

A bill dissolving Cover Oregon, the state's dysfunctional health insurance exchange, has been signed by Gov. Kate Brown.

The decision was announced in a nine-word tweet from Brown's account, which said simply: "This afternoon I signed Senate Bill 1 into law." She signed the legislation Friday.

Cover Oregon was plagued by problems almost from its onset. No Oregonian was ever able to enroll online in a private plan under the Affordable Care Act because the state exchange never had a functioning website, forcing insurance seekers to file paper applications.

In April, state officials voted unanimously to switch over to the federal health insurance exchange, HealthCare.gov., citing the high cost of trying to fix the problematic state marketplace. The Oregon exchange had cost the state $248 million.

Read the rest at: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-cover-oregon-abolished-20150307-story.html

2 replies, 1434 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Oregon abolishes its hopelessly bungled health insurance exchange (Original post)
PoliticAverse Mar 2015 OP
SoapBox Mar 2015 #1
quakerboy Mar 2015 #2

Response to PoliticAverse (Original post)

Fri Mar 13, 2015, 05:02 PM

1. What mess this was.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PoliticAverse (Original post)

Fri Mar 13, 2015, 11:43 PM

2. I really hope that we take Oracle to the cleaners

I think we should be getting a full 248 million refund, at the very least. Preferably that plus damages, and some criminal prosecutions as well.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread