HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Oregon (Group) » Oregon's abortion-rights ...

Thu Jul 6, 2017, 07:29 PM

Oregon's abortion-rights move met with anger, elation

SALEM, Ore. (AP) Anti-abortion campaigners say a sweeping new measure in Oregon will force taxpayers to assume some of the costs of the procedure even though many oppose abortion.

Planned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon praised the bill on Thursday, but David Kilada, political director of Oregon Right to Life, said it will lead to an increase in abortions.

The Legislature passed the bill Wednesday requiring insurance companies or the state to cover abortions at no cost to the patient. Gov. Kate Brown is expected to sign it into law.

Under the measure, people who have no U.S. insurance, including those in the country illegally, will be able to have costs paid by the state's Medicaid program.

Read more: http://www.nwitimes.com/news/national/oregon-s-abortion-rights-move-met-with-anger-elation/article_da69a50c-1afe-578c-ae1e-e326404c7f61.html

3 replies, 1831 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Oregon's abortion-rights move met with anger, elation (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jul 2017 OP
David__77 Jul 2017 #1
kimbutgar Jul 2017 #2
gtar100 Jul 2017 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Jul 6, 2017, 07:36 PM

1. I would hope that that would be true of all health care, and not just abortion!

I get that increasing access to abortion might enhance someone's control over her body. I also get that providing comprehensive health care might enhance the quality of life and preserve the life of the patient!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jul 6, 2017, 07:36 PM

2. Oh stfu kilada if men could get pregnant abortion would be easily to get and legal with no

Restrictions.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 6, 2017, 07:57 PM

3. Can never get over the irony of them calling themselves "right to life".

They drop all advocacy for babies at first breath.

Waiting (not holding my breath) for when they embrace the stats that show that sex education, affordable birth control, and affordable, accessible health care services reduce abortion numbers. But they won't because they've got the righteous flag of God and "right to life" emblazoned across the inside of their foreheads filtering out anything contradicting their narrow point of view.

Progress at the speed of funerals, I guess, as we all make our way to the yawning grave.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread