HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Oregon (Group) » Fill 'er up? Rural lawmak...

Thu Mar 28, 2019, 05:35 PM

Fill 'er up? Rural lawmakers want to see changes at the pump

SALEM — A bill introduced in the House would allow more gas stations to offer self-service pumps.

Oregon and New Jersey are the only two states in the Union that don't allow self-service gas stations statewide. Oregon lawmakers started chipping away at that prohibition two years ago, when they legalized self-service in counties with populations under 40,000.

But a bill that received a public hearing Wednesday, March 20, would take that a step further, allowing any gas station in Oregon to designate up to a quarter of its fuel pumps for use by customers who want to fill their own tank.

House Bill 3194 is a compromise solution to a sticky issue, explained bill sponsors Rep. Julie Fahey, D-Eugene, and freshman Rep. Daniel Bonham, R-The Dalles.

Read more: https://www.salemreporter.com/posts/626/fill-er-up-rural-lawmakers-want-to-see-changes-at-the-pump

4 replies, 610 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Fill 'er up? Rural lawmakers want to see changes at the pump (Original post)
TexasTowelie Mar 2019 OP
CDerekGo Mar 2019 #1
IADEMO2004 Mar 2019 #2
pansypoo53219 Mar 2019 #3
IADEMO2004 Mar 2019 #4

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Mar 28, 2019, 05:47 PM

1. WOW!

I'd forgotten that NJ and OR didn't allow Self-Service pumps. Thank goodness neither are on my way to anywhere important when I drive through the night.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Mar 28, 2019, 06:39 PM

2. No appreciable increase of youtube fail videos predicted.

Reply to this post

Response to IADEMO2004 (Reply #2)

Thu Mar 28, 2019, 08:16 PM

3. i might have met an unfortunate from one of these sate eons ago. i was driving from WI to VA.

stopped for gas in wes† virginia + an older lady asked me to pump her gas. i look very safe, nice & competent i guess.

Reply to this post

Response to pansypoo53219 (Reply #3)

Thu Mar 28, 2019, 09:12 PM

4. Helped a home town lady get her gas and later wondered if family knew she was driving.

Needed lots of help. In her defense the pumps were new.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread