HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Oregon (Group) » Misconduct charges throw ...

Fri Nov 15, 2019, 08:19 PM

Misconduct charges throw Portland NAACP into turmoil

Allegations of misogyny, physical threats and mismanagement of money are roiling the Portland branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

The local chapter of the famed civil rights organization abruptly rescheduled a recent executive meeting — stymieing concerned citizens who found the front doors locked when they arrived at the NAACP office on the mezzanine level of the Lloyd Center mall.

At the center of the accusations is the NAACP chapter president, the Rev. E.D. Mondainé. Reached for comment, he strongly denied the charges that he misused funds or mistreated anyone, calling the notion "ludicrous."

"It grieves me to think that we would have the energy to fight with each other, knowing that we have a racist politician in the highest office of the land," he said.

Read more: https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/443663-357730-misconduct-charges-throw-portland-naacp-into-turmoil

1 replies, 702 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Misconduct charges throw Portland NAACP into turmoil (Original post)
TexasTowelie Nov 2019 OP
flying_wahini Nov 2019 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Fri Nov 15, 2019, 08:25 PM

1. My gut feeling before reading the article is that he's guilty. The deflection pass that ends up

About Trump tipped me off.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread