HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Oregon (Group) » Man in stolen vehicle fle...

Tue Jul 7, 2020, 05:56 AM

Man in stolen vehicle flees officers, crashes into woman in separate stolen vehicle in Newberg

What a "how I met your mother" story this could make.

From https://www.kptv.com/news/police-man-in-stolen-vehicle-flees-officers-crashes-into-woman-in-separate-stolen-vehicle-in/article_ad35b336-bfa5-11ea-b60c-efe6f50c24dc.html

Police: Man in stolen vehicle flees officers, crashes into woman in separate stolen vehicle in Newberg; both arrested

FOX 12 StaffPosted 17 hrs ago 3

Kristin Nicole Begue and Randy Lee Cooper (Courtesy: Newberg-Dundee Police Department)

NEWBERG, OR (KPTV) - Two drivers in separate stolen vehicles were arrested following a crash in Newberg over the weekend.

On Sunday morning, officers responded to a report of a suspect that had just stolen a person's Toyota Land Cruiser. The stolen vehicle was located minutes later as it went through town, according to police.

The suspect attempted to elude police through downtown Newberg, then crashed into an occupied Buick Regal near East Franklin and College Street.

The driver in the Toyota, identified as Randy Lee Cooper, 27, of Portland, was arrested for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, attempting to elude police, third-degree assault, reckless driving, and other related crimes.

[...]

4 replies, 725 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Man in stolen vehicle flees officers, crashes into woman in separate stolen vehicle in Newberg (Original post)
sl8 Jul 2020 OP
safeinOhio Jul 2020 #1
captain queeg Jul 2020 #2
Kittycow Jul 2020 #4
ploppy Jul 2020 #3

Response to sl8 (Original post)

Tue Jul 7, 2020, 06:56 AM

1. Nice looking couple and

have so much in common. I think it'll work out for them.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jul 7, 2020, 06:59 AM

2. Probably already turned loose. Oregon, or at least Portland, is famously easy on car thiefs

Reply to this post

Response to captain queeg (Reply #2)

Fri Jul 10, 2020, 02:05 PM

4. I see folks getting better results from..

posting their vehicle info on the Portland subreddit than from counting on the cops to
care about it.

And yeah, I agree with you that there's not much for the thieves to fear from the legal system.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 9, 2020, 11:44 AM

3. How nice.

A meet cute in Newberg.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread