HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Oregon (Group) » Oregon governor expands m...

Mon Jul 13, 2020, 08:30 PM

Oregon governor expands mask requirements amid increase in coronavirus cases

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D) expanded the state's mask requirements on Monday as coronavirus cases steadily rise.

Brown announced that the extension to mandate masks outdoors if social distancing is not possible will begin Wednesday. Masks are already required at indoor locations in the state.

The governor also ordered a ban on indoor social gatherings of more than 10 people, though she says it does not apply to churches or workplaces at this time.

"Today we are sounding the alarm because we are at risk of allowing the virus to spiral out of control," Brown said during a press briefing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/oregon-governor-expands-mask-requirements-amid-increase-in-coronavirus-cases/ar-BB16HgP0?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=DELLDHP

3 replies, 421 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Oregon governor expands mask requirements amid increase in coronavirus cases (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Jul 2020 OP
Kittycow Jul 2020 #1
Timewas Jul 2020 #2
LizBeth Jul 2020 #3

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Mon Jul 13, 2020, 11:24 PM

1. Yeah but. .

When I went to Rite Aid in SE Portland to get my medicine, most of the customers weren't wearing them. This was after the first mandate in late June

I was really surprised that no one was enforcing it

I guess I have to go during vulnerable citizens shopping hours; maybe Rite Aid will enforce it then

My trucker hubby says he sees tons of people not wearing them

Sigh.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Jul 19, 2020, 11:36 PM

2. Not here

I went to local hardware yesterday ..big sign on door "no mask no service" I enter with a mask on and the first person I see is proprietor with no mask

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 20, 2020, 12:30 PM

3. The couple times I have been out, I have only seen one not wearing and she was blatantly

obvious and was probably ready to go off if anyone said anything. She looked ready.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread