HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » Jury orders man who injur...

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 03:24 AM

Jury orders man who injured Scarpetta waitress to pay $3 million

The men had been dining and drinking at Rittenhouse Square’s Scarpetta for several hours when waitress Kristin Lisi walked down a hallway. There she came face to face with customer Gregory Englesbe and two other men.

“You’ve been walking by me all night, and I want a kiss,” said Englesbe, the head of a South Jersey-based mortgage bank, according to court documents. Then he grabbed Lisi, spun her around and forcibly kissed her, documents said. Next, one of the other men leaned in and said, “Now it’s my turn.”

Last week, a Philadelphia jury awarded Lisi $3 million following a lawsuit over the October 2016 assault at the upscale restaurant, which Lisi said resulted in nerve damage from a torn rotator cuff.

Attorneys for Englesbe did not respond to requests for comment. According to court papers, Englesbe admitted to the kiss and accepted blame for harming Lisi, but said he didn’t believe his actions could have led to such extensive injuries.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/philadelphia/scarpetta-waitress-lawsuit-kiss-20180626.html

8 replies, 1630 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jury orders man who injured Scarpetta waitress to pay $3 million (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jun 2018 OP
exboyfil Jun 2018 #1
Laffy Kat Jun 2018 #4
Laffy Kat Jun 2018 #2
Canoe52 Jun 2018 #3
Laffy Kat Jun 2018 #5
Canoe52 Jun 2018 #6
Laffy Kat Jun 2018 #7
Canoe52 Jun 2018 #8

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 03:31 AM

1. Why wasn't he criminally charged

I would like the answer to that question. That is sexual battery.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to exboyfil (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 03:33 AM

4. Yes it is and he even admitted it.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 03:32 AM

2. I don't care if her rotator cuff was injured or not.

Although a RC tear is easily proven with an MRI which I'm sure they had as evidence. This crap has got to stop and it won't until damages are sought and awarded. And if the perp admitted to it, why did it take until the court judgement for him to resign? Company should have fired his ass as soon as he admitted it.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 03:33 AM

3. Wow, what happened to a date first, maybe some flowers, and at the end of a nice evening

together, leaning in a bit to see if she might be receptive to a kiss...

Reply to this post

Response to Canoe52 (Reply #3)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 03:35 AM

5. Dating and sexual assault don't have anything to do with each other. nt

Reply to this post

Response to Laffy Kat (Reply #5)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 10:17 AM

6. My point exactly, thanks for agreeing with me!

Reply to this post

Response to Canoe52 (Reply #6)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 01:58 PM

7. I wasn't agreeing with you. It sounded to me like you trivialized the assault. nt

Reply to this post

Response to Laffy Kat (Reply #7)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 05:11 PM

8. Hardly, it was a sarcastic comment directed towards

the assholes out there that don’t know how to live in a civilized society. Who have forgotten or never learned in the first place basic respect or caring towards another human being. Like the pos in the op. Actually my idea is that guys like him be given a choice of either paying the fine or losing their b*lls. But that seems a tad too extreme to be spouting all the time (and not always acceptable in polite company) so I resort to subtle sarcasm to let out my anger.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread