HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » Coatesville man sentenced...

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 04:31 AM

Coatesville man sentenced to state prison for racist, anti-Semitic graffiti

On the night of Aug. 22, 2017, George Rissell downed a 750 milliliter bottle of Everclear grain alcohol. Inside his Coatesville home, he chased shots with a bottle of coconut rum, he said, and snorted six high-dosage “bars” of the anti-anxiety medication Xanax. His last memory, he said, was blasting heavy metal music in his kitchen.

Before the night was over, the 25-year-old would commit what on Wednesday he called “a horribly ignorant crime:” spray-painting anti-Semitic and racist messages — including the phrase “Kill all n–” — on several locations in the Chester County city.

On Wednesday, a Chester County judge sentenced Rissell to seven to 14 years in state prison, exceeding the five to 11 years recommended by prosecutors, on charges of ethnic intimidation and criminal mischief.

“The bottom line: being drunk, that doesn’t excuse being racist,” Judge Patrick Carmody said. “You’re both trying to scare [people] and you’re trying to incite violence.”

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/coatesville-man-sentenced-to-state-prison-for-racist-anti-semitic-graffiti-20180627.html

2 replies, 959 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Coatesville man sentenced to state prison for racist, anti-Semitic graffiti (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jun 2018 OP
3Hotdogs Jun 2018 #1
marble falls Jun 2018 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 07:35 AM

1. The sentence --- too much or too little?

I am mixed on this one.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 3Hotdogs (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 28, 2018, 08:10 AM

2. Gotta say I agree. If he got in his car and killed someone he'd have gotten less time.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread