HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Rep. Dan Flynn (R) says i...

Wed Feb 27, 2013, 03:56 AM

Rep. Dan Flynn (R) says it takes too long to get concealed gun license

The rush is on at the State Capitol to reduce the number of required training hours in Texas, from 10 to four.

<<<snip>>>

Leading the charge to cut the number of required hours by more than half is State Rep. Dan Flynn (R-Van), who not only has his license to carry, he indicates to us he's ready to defend himself on the House floor.

Flynn says he wants to trim the number of training hours from 10 to four in order to eliminate much of the hassle and waste. He introduced House Bill No. 47 to make that change.

“You spend a lot of time taking breaks, you spend a lot of time hearing stories," Flynn said. "A lot of people who try to get their license, they have to take a day off of work, or they have to take a whole Saturday to go do this where, four hours, range time, you can do the same thing and it accomplishes it."

More including video at http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Safety-concerns-raised-over-193438831.html .

[font color=green]A pity party was held after the bill was introduced for the unfortunate people who have to suffer through the concealed weapons class.[/font]

4 replies, 1138 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rep. Dan Flynn (R) says it takes too long to get concealed gun license (Original post)
TexasTowelie Feb 2013 OP
Downwinder Feb 2013 #1
sigmasix Feb 2013 #2
bowens43 Feb 2013 #3
Javaman Feb 2013 #4

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Wed Feb 27, 2013, 04:06 AM

1. I would think Dan would prefer a ten hour head start

rather than just four hours.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Feb 27, 2013, 04:32 AM

2. "they" may get the drop on them during training

Everyone knows that having a concealed permit is the only thing stopping Obama's army of black panthers from taking over America and enslaving all the white republicans. During that ten hour training Obama's army could get the drop on all those concealed carry mavericks that don't need no stinkin' training.
Why do Teabaggers hate America?

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 27, 2013, 06:46 AM

3. the gun nuts make me sick.......

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 27, 2013, 11:04 AM

4. Like I say, Florida does crazy, Texas does scary. I live in Austin. nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread