HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Cruz doesn't rule out fil...

Thu May 30, 2013, 03:46 PM

Cruz doesn't rule out filibuster on immigration bill

NEW YORK – Will Sen. Ted Cruz filibuster the immigration bill? He won’t rule out the possibility.

Cruz danced carefully around the question of whether he’ll use a senator’s biggest gun to block the legislation when asked –twice – about his intentions Wednesday night.

“What I have been doing in the course of the Judiciary Committee hearings, and what I expect to do on the floor of the Senate, is to introduce amendment to improve the bill so it actually fixes the problem,” Cruz said when I asked the first time.

The committee voted resoundingly, 13-5, to reject a Cruz amendment that would have stripped path to citizenship from the bill.

More at http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2013/05/on-immigration-sen-ted-cruz-coy-on-filibuster-option.html/ .

1 replies, 839 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cruz doesn't rule out filibuster on immigration bill (Original post)
TexasTowelie May 2013 OP
COLGATE4 May 2013 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu May 30, 2013, 03:51 PM

1. Of course he will. This asshole desperately wants to

imitate Rand Paul's theatrical 'filibuster' which garnered such admiration from the RW crazies. Tail-Gunner Ted is about nothing so much as making himself the new King of Fools with the teabaggers and this gives him the perfect opportunity to seize Bachmann's crown.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread