Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search
3 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Home Explosion in Sterling (Loudoun) (Original Post) happybird Feb 2024 OP
WOW Lithos Feb 2024 #1
wow-- I lived there back in the 60s and 70s mike_c Feb 2024 #2
Leaking 500-gallon propane tank appeared to cause massive home blast mahatmakanejeeves Feb 2024 #3

mike_c

(36,281 posts)
2. wow-- I lived there back in the 60s and 70s
Sat Feb 17, 2024, 02:59 PM
Feb 2024

Misspent my youth there. That sounds like a massive explosion. One of my wife's friends called her from Sterling this morning and told her about it.

mahatmakanejeeves

(57,880 posts)
3. Leaking 500-gallon propane tank appeared to cause massive home blast
Sat Feb 17, 2024, 04:58 PM
Feb 2024

LOCAL CRIME & PUBLIC SAFETY

Leaking 500-gallon propane tank appeared to cause massive home blast

Authorities identified a firefighter killed in the explosion as 45-year-old Trevor Brown of the Sterling Volunteer Fire Company.

By Nicki Jhabvala, Justin Jouvenal, Olivia Diaz and Clarence Williams
Updated February 17, 2024 at 2:20 p.m. EST|Published February 17, 2024 at 9:22 a.m. EST

{snip}

Kick in to the DU tip jar?

This week we're running a special pop-up mini fund drive. From Monday through Friday we're going ad-free for all registered members, and we're asking you to kick in to the DU tip jar to support the site and keep us financially healthy.

As a bonus, making a contribution will allow you to leave kudos for another DU member, and at the end of the week we'll recognize the DUers who you think make this community great.

Tell me more...

Latest Discussions»Region Forums»Virginia»Home Explosion in Sterlin...