HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Virginia (Group) » Good teeth, big legs and ...

Sun May 26, 2019, 10:09 AM

Good teeth, big legs and a bow tie: Inconclusive report details chaos in Northam's office and how he

Good teeth, big legs and a bow tie: Inconclusive report details chaos in Northamís office and how he finally decided it wasnít him in blackface photo

Lawyers who spent months investigating the racist yearbook photo that appeared on Gov. Ralph Northamís medical school yearbook page said Wednesday they canít say for sure whether the governor is or isnít in the photo, which shows a man wearing blackface standing next to someone in klan robes.

ďWe weighed all the evidence that we had, and based on that, we cannot conclusively identify either person in the photograph, and that includes Gov. Northam,Ē said Richard Cullen, a partner at the Richmond law firm McGuireWoods, which investigated the photo on behalf of Eastern Virginia Medical School.

The 55-page report the school released does, however, provide a window into the chaos that unfolded after Northamís staff learned the image had surfaced and Northamís response when he saw it on the way to a soldierís funeral, which he ultimately did not attend.

Northam at times appears to blame his staff for an initial statement admitting it was him and apologizing, which he then contradicted the next day during a widely-mocked press conference in which he admitted to appearing in blackface at a separate dance contest, but not in the photo.

Read more: https://www.virginiamercury.com/2019/05/22/good-teeth-big-legs-and-a-bow-tie-inconclusive-report-details-chaos-in-northams-office-and-how-he-finally-decided-it-wasnt-him-in-blackface-photo/

2 replies, 1154 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Good teeth, big legs and a bow tie: Inconclusive report details chaos in Northam's office and how he (Original post)
TexasTowelie May 2019 OP
bitterross May 2019 #1
murielm99 May 2019 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun May 26, 2019, 10:14 AM

1. Don't we have more pressing issues to worry about?

That story does nothing that would settle argument from months ago. It comes to no real conclusions.

Re-hashing this is of no help to anyone. Least of all, the people in VA.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun May 26, 2019, 11:08 AM

2. If I had gotten myself up in blackface,

even if it was years ago, I would remember.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread