Man hurt in fire on abandoned tracks now suspected of arson
EVERETT A man who was hurt in a large fire that burned an abandoned railroad bridge in Snohomish last week is now accused of setting the fire.
The 51-year-old man, who was reportedly experiencing homelessness, was booked into jail on Friday accused of second-degree arson after an investigation by the Snohomish County Fire Marshals Office, court documents said.
Firefighters first responded on the morning of May 12 to reports of fire and smoke coming from railroad tracks near Airport Way in Snohomish. On scene, firefighters found an abandoned rail trestle and nearby trees engulfed in flames, according to Snohomish County Fire District No. 4.
Sheriffs deputies responding to the fire rescued a man who was found crawling down the railroad tracks with burns to his hands and feet, court records said. He was taken to the hospital and treated for burns described as minor, fire officials told The Daily Herald.
https://www.heraldnet.com/2026/05/19/man-hurt-in-fire-on-abandoned-tracks-now-suspected-of-arson/