HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wisconsin (Group) » D.C. shouldn't be a state...

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 03:13 PM

D.C. shouldn't be a state because it doesn't have manufacturing, mines, or agriculture.

https://americanindependent.com/republicans-washington-dc-statehood-arguments-house-representatives-muriel-bowser/

The most ridiculous excuses House Republicans invented to oppose DC statehood

By
Emily Singer -
March 23, 2021 3:24 PM
0 Comments
Advertisement

It would be 'the only state without an airport, without a car dealership, without a capital city, without a landfill,' said Rep. Jody Hice.

House Democrats are moving forward with legislation that would make Washington, D.C., the 51st state in the nation and Republicans are mad.

.............D.C. shouldn't be a state because it doesn't have manufacturing, mines, or agriculture.

Rep. Glenn Grothman of Wisconsin said Washington couldn't be a state because its main industry is tourism and retail, not farming and mining.

"I was taught manufacturing was so important for creating wealth of the country in a way that retail or tourism is not. Can you tell me about the manufacturing or agriculture or mining in your district? I am not aware of virtually any of that in your city," Grothman asked Bowser.

Bowser responded, "There may be states that rely on manufacturing, and I would argue that their economies aren't as good as ours."
D.C. residents don't need voting rights because members of Congress can read lawn signs

5 replies, 908 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply D.C. shouldn't be a state because it doesn't have manufacturing, mines, or agriculture. (Original post)
riversedge Mar 2021 OP
Raven123 Mar 2021 #1
BoomaofBandM Mar 2021 #2
onecaliberal Mar 2021 #3
HUAJIAO Mar 2021 #4
sybylla Mar 2021 #5

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 03:35 PM

1. However, i bet manufacturing isn't so important that thus guy supports a living wage.

Bet hes okay with US entities manufacturing their products in other countries, rather than providing union jobs here.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 03:37 PM

2. The same idiots that voted they should decide how to spend stimulus money.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 03:49 PM

3. Republicans shouldn't be classified as humans because they're heartless and brainless.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 03:53 PM

4. I don't think D.C. has sheep either, or coyotes, or wolves...

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 04:01 PM

5. Wisconsin has an embarassment of representatives right now.

Johnson
Grothman
Tiffany
and heartless, disgusting, racist creeps ad nauseum.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread