HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wisconsin (Group) » GOP to spend "$680,000, a...

Thu Aug 26, 2021, 02:15 AM

GOP to spend "$680,000, at least, to start" in hunt for disproven "steal"

On Wednesday dueling releases from the Republican and Democratic leaders of the state Assembly addressed the election audit that Speaker Robin Vos assured former President Donald Trump, who lost the 2020 election, he would perform while riding on Trump’s plane to a rally on Saturday.

The so-called audit is part of the project for which Vos hired former Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Michael Gableman: to investigate the Wisconsin vote in that election. The Wisconsin election has already been proven in courts, two recounts, machine audits and committee investigations to be fair and accurate. Additionally, Republicans have asked the nonpartisan Legislative Audit Bureau to do another audit that is still underway.

Vos’ release Wednesday said nothing he has not already said multiple times, other than to point out that it was being put out by the entire Assembly GOP, not just his office.

“Assembly Republicans have been working with Justice Gableman to conduct a swift, complete and thorough investigation,” the release on behalf of all the Republican members of the Assembly stated. “Part of our discussion has been focused on hiring independent contractors to enhance our efforts. We believe a cyber-forensic audit is necessary to ensure issues did not happen in 2020. We have allocated additional resources to Justice Gableman to ensure this investigation gets to the truth.”

Read more: https://wisconsinexaminer.com/brief/gop-to-spend-680000-at-least-to-start-in-hunt-for-disproven-steal/

6 replies, 620 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply GOP to spend "$680,000, at least, to start" in hunt for disproven "steal" (Original post)
TexasTowelie Aug 2021 OP
NJCher Aug 2021 #1
msongs Aug 2021 #2
Rhiannon12866 Aug 2021 #3
TexasTowelie Aug 2021 #4
Rhiannon12866 Aug 2021 #5
Irish_Dem Aug 2021 #6

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Aug 26, 2021, 02:55 AM

1. Gableman

Is getting 11 grand a month for 4 months to do this. He is a hard right conservative.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 26, 2021, 03:10 AM

2. one hopes joe manchin and sinema are paying attention to this nt

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 26, 2021, 03:57 AM

3. When I hear about all these vast sums being spent for ridiculous and pointless causes

I always think of all the good they could do if they were spent for something useful that could help people. What a waste.

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #3)

Thu Aug 26, 2021, 04:10 AM

4. If the Republicans want to pay for the audit then they can do so on their own dime.

Spending taxpayer money with no justification is a waste of resources.

Reply to this post

Response to TexasTowelie (Reply #4)

Thu Aug 26, 2021, 04:37 AM

5. I couldn't agree more

I remember reading that they require new voting machines in Arizona after that clusterfuck of an audit - which proved nothing. And that's an exorbitant expense.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 26, 2021, 07:56 AM

6. They don't care how much money they waste or how many people they kill.

As long as they can grandstand with lies and cheating for the sake of power and wealth.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread