HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Australia (Group) » Sydney Safari

Wed Dec 31, 2014, 10:31 AM

Sydney Safari

My daughter is coming from the states tomorrow. She and I will be on "urban safari" exploring the greater Sydney metropolis for the next two weeks. Any suggestions for unusual or classic Sydney experiences?

4 replies, 2582 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sydney Safari (Original post)
Fairgo Dec 2014 OP
SheilaT Dec 2014 #1
Fairgo Dec 2014 #2
Violet_Crumble Jan 2015 #3
Fairgo Jan 2015 #4

Response to Fairgo (Original post)

Wed Dec 31, 2014, 12:29 PM

1. Climb the Harbor Bridge,

if they're still doing that. My two sons, then 14 and 18, did it in 2001, and I treasure the photo taken at the top.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SheilaT (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 31, 2014, 06:26 PM

2. Good one!

I will suggest that as a day's adventure. I've seen the promos. Looks like fun, thanks.

Reply to this post

Response to Fairgo (Original post)

Thu Jan 1, 2015, 05:27 PM

3. Take the ferry to Manly...

I do that most of the time I'm spending any time in Sydney. I usually spend the day over there and buy fish and chips and have them on the beach.

If you've got a car and include Katoomba in the greater metropolis (I know that's a stretch), take her to the Blue Mountains. Do the scenic railway and go see the Three Sisters.

How about walking round The Rocks and Darling Harbour? Or going out to The Heads and doing some walks on South Head and going to visit the old quarantine station on North Head?

Number one on my list of Sydney things to do used to be the monorail, but now it's gone. I'm still sad about that

And if you do expand it past the greater metropolitan area, you could always do a day trip to Canberra. Despite its reputation, there's a bunch of things to do here that are touristy and fun, but I might just be saying that coz I'm a local...

Hope you both have lots of fun...

Reply to this post

Response to Violet_Crumble (Reply #3)

Fri Jan 2, 2015, 01:07 AM

4. Thanks heaps,

I'll post excerpts from our adventures later!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread