HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » United Kingdom (Group) » Schools in England to clo...

Wed Mar 18, 2020, 01:41 PM

Schools in England to close from Friday for all pupils except the vulnerable and those with key work

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/mar/18/uk-coronavirus-live-boris-johnson-pmqs-cbi-urges-government-pay-businesses-directly-saying-350bn-loangrant-package-not-enough

(snip)

17m ago
13:22

Schools in England to close from Friday for all pupils except the vulnerable and those with key worker parents

Williamson says schools in England will remain closed from Friday until further notice.
But the children of key workers, and children who are vulnerable, will be able to stay.
(snip)

2 replies, 622 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Schools in England to close from Friday for all pupils except the vulnerable and those with key work (Original post)
nitpicker Mar 2020 OP
muriel_volestrangler Mar 2020 #1
T_i_B Mar 2020 #2

Response to nitpicker (Original post)

Wed Mar 18, 2020, 01:54 PM

1. And Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland made similar announcements earlier in the day (nt)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to nitpicker (Original post)

Thu Mar 19, 2020, 08:29 AM

2. Schools were already closing of their own accord

The government has been behind the curve on this.

To be honest though, this will have been a difficult decision as Children still need to be cared for. And often that's down to elderly grandparents (i.e the most at risk group) with Mum and Dad working.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread