HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Household Hints & Help (Group) » Protecting the thin layer...

Wed Dec 4, 2019, 05:26 PM

Protecting the thin layer of enamel on my stovetop.

My LL got me a cheap stove/oven that has a very thin protective layer of enamel. It cracks and chips easily when it's exposed to too much heat. For example, there was some cracking when I just put a fish steamer on two burners.

I now want to use a pressure cooker and I'm concerned that will determine whether I have buy a new part for the cracked top.

Is there a device that covers the enamel that's fireproof. I mean the part between the burners vertically.

Any suggestions will be valued.


1 replies, 681 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Protecting the thin layer of enamel on my stovetop. (Original post)
no_hypocrisy Dec 2019 OP
procon Dec 2019 #1

Response to no_hypocrisy (Original post)

Wed Dec 4, 2019, 06:17 PM

1. I'm not sure what you want,

but would those metal shields that fit around the burners work? Since the pressure cooker will only be cooking for a third of the time as a regular pot, maybe that will minimize the risk.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread