HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Computers & Internet » Computer Help and Support (Group) » I hit the wrong key on th...

Tue Dec 31, 2019, 12:14 PM

I hit the wrong key on the keyboard, and the screen downsized using "Explorer"..but when

I switch the browser to Google browser, the screen is the normal size again......Is there something I can co to get the Explorer browser back to full size?...
..The key that I hit by mistake was a key on the typing pad ...titled "Ctrl" ....l It is to the far left at the very bottom of the typing pad.. (is that what the typing thing is called? a pad? or what?) ( You type on this thing, and what is its name?)

I don't know much about this, but any help of any kind would be grateful. Yes, I can continue to use both of the browsers at different times..but I would like to get a full size picture back on Explorer.

Any help on this would be appreciated. And yes, I realize there are far worse computer issues than this one, but, maybe I can get back to full size on the Explorer browser. And I did turn off the computer, and disconnected the plug, ( so there was no electricity entering the system, but that did not work.)

6 replies, 719 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply I hit the wrong key on the keyboard, and the screen downsized using "Explorer"..but when (Original post)
Stuart G Dec 2019 OP
MontanaMama Dec 2019 #1
iscooterliberally Dec 2019 #2
CurtEastPoint Dec 2019 #3
eppur_se_muova Dec 2019 #4
Stuart G Dec 2019 #5
applegrove Dec 2019 #6

Response to Stuart G (Original post)

Tue Dec 31, 2019, 12:21 PM

1. Try pressing the control (Ctrl) button and the + sign.

That should increase the size of your browser window/font etc. conversely, pressing the control key and the - sign makes it smaller. Hope it works!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Dec 31, 2019, 12:22 PM

2. Try hitting the 'CTRL' key and the number zero at the same time.

If you want to make things bigger, do CTRL and +, or smaller it should be CTRL and -. Hope this helps!

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 31, 2019, 12:23 PM

3. Or CTRL plus mouse wheel up or down

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 31, 2019, 12:44 PM

4. Try pressing the F#-keys, one at a time. If you don't like what one does, press it again.

Most are toggle functions, and usually at least one of them controls Full Screen.

F11 might be your best bet.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 31, 2019, 12:55 PM

5. Thank You for advise..I tried Control Key and plus sign, and it worked...and Thank You again

for helping me. Yes, I do appreciate your kindness and your help...

Stuart

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 31, 2019, 06:25 PM

6. Try F11.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread