HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Computers & Internet » Computer Help and Support (Group) » What is the Emergency Bro...

Thu May 13, 2021, 09:05 AM

What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?

The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. If your household is eligible, you can receive:

Up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household.

The FCC has announced that consumers can begin applying for and enrolling in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program on May 12, 2021. The program will end when the fund runs out of money, or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the COVID-19 health emergency, whichever is sooner.

https://getemergencybroadband.org

4 replies, 604 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program? (Original post)
douglas9 May 13 OP
jimfields33 May 13 #1
AndyS May 13 #2
jimfields33 May 13 #3
bucolic_frolic Jun 14 #4

Response to douglas9 (Original post)

Thu May 13, 2021, 09:49 AM

1. A lot of different scenarios included

I do get a veterans disability but also a retirement. But then eligibility for 99K and below? I definitely fall under that. It say 50 bucks off the bill which would bring mine to 150 to Comcast which is nice. And I just bought a tablet 2 weeks ago and getting a hundred dollars refunded would be great. But it says the program is temporary. I wonder if itís worth having a lower bill for awhile only to have it go back up later is a good idea for me. You tend to get used to those extra dollars and then they disappear. Yieks.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jimfields33 (Reply #1)

Thu May 13, 2021, 11:29 AM

2. Take half the savings and spend it like income and the other half goes to savings or just remains in

the bank account. That makes the saving program painless and if/when it goes away also painless.

Reply to this post

Response to AndyS (Reply #2)

Thu May 13, 2021, 11:40 AM

3. That's a good idea.

Reply to this post

Response to douglas9 (Original post)

Mon Jun 14, 2021, 02:34 PM

4. EBB does not apply to Verizon DSL

only to FIOS.

Reply to this post