HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Computers & Internet » Apple Users (Group) » Have a Macbook pro questi...

Fri Apr 30, 2021, 03:20 PM

Have a Macbook pro question regarding display/screen size

About 5 years old. On the internet betting horses. I move between tracks and also use excel to do calculations. As I am moving and switching between internet and excel I somehow make the internet display too large to fit on screen. How do i change it back?
Hopefully I can get an answer before next race.

2 replies, 1033 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Have a Macbook pro question regarding display/screen size (Original post)
tiredtoo Apr 2021 OP
CloudWatcher Apr 2021 #1
tiredtoo May 2021 #2

Response to tiredtoo (Original post)

Fri Apr 30, 2021, 06:05 PM

1. it depends :)

If it's Safari that's making things bigger, then CMD + or CMD - can be used to make things bigger and smaller. Also Safari preferences, web sites, page zoom might have something for you to clear.

Also in Safari, control click on the toolbar to customize it and add the "aA" control (really small-A and big-A) to increase/decrease the size.

But maybe it's also the accessibility "zoom" stuff ... I don't know about you, but my eyes are less than great. I've enabled "control scroll" as a zoom-in and zoom-out feature so I can quickly zoom into a part of the screen that's hard to see. The setting for this is in system-preferences, accessibility, zoom.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to CloudWatcher (Reply #1)

Sat May 1, 2021, 12:30 AM

2. Thanks

the CMD+ Cmd- works. Just had another page blow up on me and remembered I had requested help here.
Thanks again .

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread