HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Hillary Clinton (Group) » I am a 70 year old great ...

Tue Nov 8, 2016, 09:39 AM

I am a 70 year old great grandmother. The thought struck me this morning that when I was

a little girl, we were told that any little boy in America could grow up to be President.

I didn't think I would live to see this day. Go Hillary!!!

3 replies, 1398 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I am a 70 year old great grandmother. The thought struck me this morning that when I was (Original post)
Arkansas Granny Nov 2016 OP
hlthe2b Nov 2016 #1
jehop61 Nov 2016 #2

Response to Arkansas Granny (Original post)

Tue Nov 8, 2016, 09:47 AM

1. wearing white today (difficult since I'm too sloppy for a lot of white in my wardrobe)...

and very emotional. Lots of exercise planned for today to keep me from freaking out!

But, for me my thoughts are also filled with every damned incident of gender discrimination, harassment, cat-calling, ugly comments, wolf whistles, underestimation, interruption, and discounting of my views--based on my gender.... All those episodes are bubbling to the surface--and only ignite my admiration for the strength HRC has shown (and will HAVE to continue to manifest), on behalf of ALL OF US.

May we all earn the celebration so very due, AND continue to have her back--no matter who we supported in the primaries.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Arkansas Granny (Original post)

Tue Nov 8, 2016, 09:58 AM

2. Me too grammy

This one is for my three great granddaughters! What a world they will live in!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread