HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Hillary Clinton (Group) » Pre-Sanders

Fri Nov 6, 2015, 04:11 PM

Pre-Sanders

Sanders supporters like to say how Hillary is just following Sanders' lead. Really??

According to a transcript made available to reporters by a campaign aide, Clinton struck a pretty populist tone during her remarks at Kirkwood Community College, emphasizing her concern that the “deck is still stacked in favor of those already at the top.”

She added, “There’s something wrong when CEOs make 300 times more than the typical worker. There’s something wrong when American workers keep getting more productive, as they have, and as I just saw a few minutes ago is very possible because of education and skills training, but that productivity is not matched in their paychecks. And there’s something wrong when hedge fund managers pay lower tax rates than nurses or the truckers that I saw on I-80 as I was driving here over the last two days.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/clintons-platform-comes-focus-including-some-surprises

Just a FYI.

3 replies, 887 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pre-Sanders (Original post)
postatomic Nov 2015 OP
DeepModem Mom Nov 2015 #1
postatomic Nov 2015 #2
Tarheel_Dem Nov 2015 #3

Response to postatomic (Original post)

Fri Nov 6, 2015, 04:36 PM

1. Good find. Thanks!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DeepModem Mom (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 6, 2015, 04:44 PM

2. You're welcome

Reply to this post

Response to postatomic (Original post)

Fri Nov 6, 2015, 04:59 PM

3. Because Hillary's delivery is more polished, her positions often get drowned out by the red-faced...

spittle laced, foot stomping, fist pounding that passes for "passion" or "righteous anger" these days. The media likes anger, it drives the media cycle. If you don't spit all over the mic, and drench a few people in the front row, you haven't "connected", or so the media would have us believe. This is why I have been so impressed with Hillary's smaller venue gatherings, no need for screaming, and if the polls are any indication, I'm not the only one. Her real positions are getting out there, one small gathering at a time.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread