HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Hillary Clinton (Group) » Bernie is at best a medio...

Sat Feb 6, 2016, 09:45 PM

Bernie is at best a mediocre career politician

What the heck has he done for decades and why pick now to stick his neck out? I think he figure since the worse that can happen is he still winds up with pension and healthcare if he loses, why not run for president. He's kept a low profile in public office for decades, nice way to keep his job because his other career choice was folk singer.

4 replies, 1302 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bernie is at best a mediocre career politician (Original post)
gwheezie Feb 2016 OP
Lil Missy Feb 2016 #1
LannyDeVaney Feb 2016 #2
jehop61 Feb 2016 #3
Stuckinthebush Feb 2016 #4

Response to gwheezie (Original post)

Sat Feb 6, 2016, 09:58 PM

1. I think his intentions are genuine and honorable;he adds important issues to the debate.

I don't think he deserves to be even remotely compared to an opportunist as you seem to suggest. He has been fighting the good fight for the benefit of others his whole life/career.

It's perfectly acceptable to prefer HRC for POTUS without resorting to put-downs of the opposition. And be cautioned, especially, about confusing the motives and behavior of the man vs. the motives and behavior of his supporters on DU. There's a VAST disparity between the two.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Lil Missy (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 6, 2016, 10:04 PM

2. Nice reply, I agree...

I have to remind myself of what he stands for, and the benefits ... when I'm confronted with his supporters who seriously drive me insane.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 7, 2016, 08:21 AM

3. My biggest concern

is his touting of his chairmanship of the Veterans Affairs committee. This was during a time when we discovered that the VA was in bad shape and not serving the vets that came to it. Where was he before the VA became a serious problem? Where was his voice when we did discover the problems and were trying to fix the system? I don't seem to remember his interest at that time.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 7, 2016, 10:02 AM

4. A mediocre non Democrat

Why would he think he could win a DEMOCRATIC primary? He can't stand Dems.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread