HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Hillary Clinton (Group) » Bernie Sanders Supporter ...

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 07:47 AM

Bernie Sanders Supporter Confronted a Superdelegate ó Then Leaked Their Private Conversati

A Bernie Sanders Supporter Confronted a Superdelegate ó Then Leaked Their Private Conversation

http://usuncut.com/politics/alaska-superdelegate/

METCALFE: Again, negative conversations about our candidates do nothing to further Sandersís cause.

YOUNGER: Iím not sure how negative it is to question your voting discretion in spite of overwhelming support. If critiquing Hillary or your apprehension to accurately vote for those you represent is negative, then Iím not sure youíre the one Iíd like representing me.

Metcalfe then asked Younger where he lived, and after he responded, he asked her frankly why sheís casting her superdelegate vote for Hillary Clinton despite a vast majority of her state caucusing for Sanders.

METCALFE: Because I believe Hillary Clinton would be a better president. End of conversation.

YOUNGER: And thatís why people get angry. Bernie supporters can be quite vapid. But voting in opposition to what we voted for is only supporting the idea that Hillary and her supporting super delegates are in the pockets of others.

Bernie won in Alaska. End of story. Your personal preferences for president are represented in your vote as a citizen. Not as a representative of your state.

At this point in the conversation, Metcalfeís tone turned noticeably sour. She patronized Younger, reminding him of her experience as a Democratic Party officer for decades, and essentially told him his opinion on how she should cast her superdelegate vote was invalid, since he was just a voter.

METCALFE: Iím in the pocket of no one. I have no financial connections to Hillary Clinton or any other Democrat. I am a retired union representative. I put in my time in the trenches for 40 years, and I really object to someone like you who has probably done nothing except caucus telling me what to do. I am voting for the best interests of my country. And that would be Hillary Clinton.

17 replies, 1597 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 17 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bernie Sanders Supporter Confronted a Superdelegate ó Then Leaked Their Private Conversati (Original post)
Her Sister Mar 2016 OP
cosmicone Mar 2016 #1
ismnotwasm Mar 2016 #2
DrDan Mar 2016 #8
KittyWampus Mar 2016 #3
Her Sister Mar 2016 #5
Cha Mar 2016 #4
Her Sister Mar 2016 #7
Cha Mar 2016 #12
Walk away Mar 2016 #6
pandr32 Mar 2016 #17
CalvinballPro Mar 2016 #9
Cha Mar 2016 #13
beachbum bob Mar 2016 #10
Surya Gayatri Mar 2016 #11
Her Sister Mar 2016 #14
Rose Siding Mar 2016 #15
NastyRiffraff Mar 2016 #16

Response to Her Sister (Original post)

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 07:56 AM

2. Not surprising

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 08:02 AM

3. doxxing, releasing private conversations, being too stupid to know what a superdelegate is,

having no respect for people who have actually been involved in politics for decades.

Yup, sounds like a large share of Sanders supporters.

Reply to this post

Response to KittyWampus (Reply #3)

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 08:06 AM

5. haha! ...and they are so charming

and convincing!! As we all very well know!

HRC GROUP!

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 08:04 AM

4. Good advice from Kim Metcalf.. if you don't like how it's done.. work to change. Tad Devine was

part of structuring the Super Dels.. maybe he can give Younger some advice on how to do that.

Reply to this post

Response to Cha (Reply #4)

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 08:09 AM

7. The only revolution we need

that will work is getting to the voting booth and electing Democrats up and down the ballot consistently every 2 years. This is what will give us the domino effects that will help progress, real progress. HRC knows that and has already put in the work so she can help other Dems come in with her to usher 2017 together.

Reply to this post

Response to Her Sister (Reply #7)

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 08:18 AM

12. I know.. so simple... yet too many don't see that.

Btw, I'm thinking the Super Dels for Hillary in Hawaii aren't going to be changing their vote to BS, either.

Mahalo for this, Her Sister~

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 08:08 AM

6. I think Bernie's new strategy of having his nasty Followers try to bully Super Delegates is....

going to backfire. He was once universally disliked but tolerated. After this he may end up as the most hated man in American politics.

That won't bode well for the future of the "revolution".

Reply to this post

Response to Walk away (Reply #6)

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 10:41 AM

17. Yep!

His return to the Senate will be quite interesting.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 08:14 AM

9. Funny how when Sanders lost the first 2 caucuses, his supporters hated them.

Now they're the argumentative lifeboat his supporters are using to try to stay afloat just because he's been winning them lately.

I wish I could quote some Sanders supporters on what they were saying about caucuses before they flip-flopped on them.

Reply to this post

Response to CalvinballPro (Reply #9)

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 08:20 AM

13. FlipFlopped on Super Dels, too.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 08:17 AM

10. rabid dog sander supporters will only encourge superdelegates to remain with hillary...heck it makes

so much easier for them....but zealots are often blinded in their actions

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 08:18 AM

11. Typical of the browbeating, in-your-face intimidation that has

been observed among the more rabid Sandernistas in the caucus setting. No surprise, sadly.

Just why they think these tactics will convince the supers to change their stated preference remains a mystery.

Obnoxious bullies.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 08:21 AM

14. There is full conversation at the bottom of the link.

I love how the BS supporter uses the phrase "end of story" repeatedly. Very authoritative/authoritarian! Which people love. Argh!

Also that website seems to be BS on steroids website!

HRC GROUP IS AWESOME!

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 08:53 AM

15. I want to be like Kim Metcalfe!

She's a saint! So kind, wise, patient and encouraging, even in the midst of insults. What a great Super D! Well chosen.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 31, 2016, 09:39 AM

16. I don't understand why

these people think insulting someone will change her mind. I know this guy thought he had a valid argument, but presenting it in a patronizing, demanding way accomplishes nothing but the opposite of his goal. I wouldn't blame Kim Metcalfe if she had told this brat to fuck off.

"End of story," indeed.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread