HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Latin America (Group) » Colombia's president char...

Tue Oct 13, 2020, 06:06 PM

Colombia's president charged with fabricating charges against political rivals

by Adriaan Alsema October 12, 2020

Colombia’s increasingly authoritarian president Ivan Duque is facing his fifth criminal charge, this time for allegedly trying to pin a 1995 assassination on one of his predecessors.

Duque and his political patron, former President Alvaro Uribe, Prosecutor General Francisco Barbosa and former mafia attorney Diego Cadena have all been charged by former intelligence chief Ramiro Bejerano.

Real conspiracy charges
According to Bejerano, Duque’s patron and allies were conspiring to fabricate criminal charges against former President Ernesto Samper, Bejerano’s former boss, for the 1995 assassination of former presidential candidate Alvaro Gomez.

The Supreme Court found that the former president and the mafia lawyer in 2008 were seeking benefits for extradited drug traffickers who could support a conspiracy theory claiming Samper (Liberal Party) was behind the assassination of late his conservative rival.

More:
https://colombiareports.com/colombias-president-charged-with-fabricating-charges-against-political-rivals/

2 replies, 302 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Colombia's president charged with fabricating charges against political rivals (Original post)
Judi Lynn Oct 2020 OP
wcmagumba Oct 2020 #1
RKP5637 Oct 2020 #2

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Tue Oct 13, 2020, 06:10 PM

1. Wow, this sounds sort of like trump...nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to wcmagumba (Reply #1)

Tue Oct 13, 2020, 06:15 PM

2. Yeah, I was just thinking the same. Trump, I think, is the most dangerous character

we've had in US politics. He's the F'en president and he's talking about putting the other party in jail. Phew, just how F'ed up that is. This moron Trump is dangerous as hell.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread