HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Latin America (Group) » Jair Bolsonaro on Brazil ...

Tue Jan 5, 2021, 08:41 PM

Jair Bolsonaro on Brazil Crisis: "I Can't Do Anything"

Bolsonaro blamed the press and regional administrations for the economic crisis. | Photo: EFE/ Joedson Alves

Published 5 January 2021

The far-right president, who has repeatedly dismissed the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, blamed the press and regional administrations for the economic crisis.

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro acknowledged that the country is bankrupt and that he cannot create solutions for the economic crisis, which was worsened by the COVID-19 pandemic.

"Brazil is bankrupt. I can't do anything. I wanted to modify the income tax table, but I couldn't," Bolsonaro said to a group of followers outside of his residency in Alvorada Palace, in the capital Brasilia.

The far-right president, who has repeatedly dismissed the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, blamed the press and regional administrations for the economic crisis. This, as several local governors, refused to lift social distancing measures to contain the spread of the virus.

More:
https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Jair-Bolsonaro-on-Brazil-Crisis-I-Cant-Do-Anything-20210105-0019.html

2 replies, 421 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jair Bolsonaro on Brazil Crisis: "I Can't Do Anything" (Original post)
Judi Lynn Jan 2021 OP
no_hypocrisy Jan 2021 #1
WA-03 Democrat Jan 2021 #2

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Tue Jan 5, 2021, 08:44 PM

1. At least he's more honest about his ineptitude than Trump.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Tue Jan 5, 2021, 09:03 PM

2. "I, ALONE CAN FIX THIS"

A quick translation into Dump speak.

One of Putin's posse.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread