HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Latin America (Group) » After vaccination, Argent...

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:32 PM

After vaccination, Argentine President Alberto Fernandez tests positive for COVID-19

Argentina’s President Alberto Fernández, who has been vaccinated against COVID-19, announced late Friday that he had tested positive for the coronavirus.

“At the end of today, after presenting a fever of 37.3°C (99.1 °F) and a slight headache, I performed an antigen test, which was positive,” he tweeted, adding he was waiting for the results of a PCR test to confirm the diagnosis.

The president, who turned 62 on Friday, was in isolation as a precaution but said he was “physically well.”

“Although I would have liked to end my birthday without this news, I am also in good spirits,” he said.

Fernandez was inoculated with the Russian Sputnik V vaccine on January 21, and had his second shot on February 11.

At: https://www.timesofisrael.com/after-vaccination-argentine-president-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

Argentine President Alberto Fernández receiving his first Covid-19 vaccine dose on January 21, as part of a public effort to encourage fellow Argentines to get vaccinated.

Fernández's announcement that he tested positive for Covid-19, though preliminary, threatens to slow progress in vaccinating the 14.5 million Argentines in "priority" groups - mainly the elderly, those with co-morbidities, and education, health and security staff.

Some 4 million have been thus far - one-fifth the U.S. rate on a per-capita basis.

3 replies, 697 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply After vaccination, Argentine President Alberto Fernandez tests positive for COVID-19 (Original post)
peppertree Apr 2021 OP
Dream Girl Apr 2021 #1
Judi Lynn Apr 2021 #2
peppertree Apr 2021 #3

Response to peppertree (Original post)

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 03:45 PM

1. Russian vaccine.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to peppertree (Original post)

Sun Apr 4, 2021, 02:47 AM

2. I would think the vaccine could have diminished the impact substantially, anyway.

It's easy to imagine he could have also been unlucky enough to be attacked by one of the new Brazilian strains from Argentina's next door neighbor...

Hoping to hear it has been completely eliminated and behind him soon.

Very glad they believe it's a mild case. 99.1 isn't really too high, is it?

Thank you. ⭐️

Reply to this post

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #2)

Sun Apr 4, 2021, 03:22 PM

3. I hope so. These news couldn't have come at a worse time.

Besides adding an element of political uncertainty, these news could undermine the vaccination campaign itself.

The right-wingers, of course, are adding their two cents' with tweets like Congresswoman Hebe Casado's, who prayed that Cristina Kirchner (who's 68) got Covid as well.

And Casado's a doctor!

They should revoke her license frankly ("First, do no harm" ).

The times we have to live in. Thanks as always, Judi.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread